We are very excited to teach you this spring! Please email email@example.com if you have any logistical questions or concerns. Otherwise feel free to email any of the staff members below.
Teaching Assistants (TAs), also known as Graduate/Undergraduate Student Instructors (GSIs), teach 30 - 40 students in lab and discussion sections every week.
- Lab 132L W 11-12:30 pm (Soda 271)
- Disc 132 F 11-12:30 pm (Soda 310)
- Hi, I'm a third year CS major. Aside from teaching, I'm into competitive melee, cello, and have been trying to learn how to draw. Feel free to reach out for anything 61a or otherwise!
- Lab 131L W 9:30-11 am (Soda 275)
- Disc 131 F 9:30-11 am (Soda 405)
- hello! i'm a second year cs/stats major from san jose. you'll probably find me around campus either listening to music or sleeping (quick plug: go.addcnin.blue/spotify:f) shoot me an email if you wanna chat! i love everything from finance to theoretical stats to all sorts of compsci topics woohoo
[NPE] 139L M 5-6:30 pm (Soda 277)
Disc [NPE] 139 W 5-6:30 pm (Barrows 175)
Lab [NPE] 126L Tu 5-6:30 pm (Soda 271)
Disc [NPE] 126 Th 5-6:30 pm (Wheeler 202)
- If you are jumping up and down in muddy puddles, you must wear your boots!
- Lab 123L Tu 3:30-5 pm (Soda 271)
- Disc 123 Th 3:30-5 pm (Moffitt Library 103)
- EMAIL ME IF YOU WANNA CHAT! I love talking about all things related to CS and Berkeley and life and academics and finding internships and whatever! I wanna answer your questions. A bit about me - I am third year CS/Math major who loves teaching. Also my sections will occasionally have snacks.
- Lab 136L W 12:30-2 pm (Soda 273)
- Disc 136 F 12:30-2 pm (Soda 320)
- Hey! I'm a 3rd year Applied Math and CS major from Edison, New Jersey. In my free time I enjoy any kind of problem solving, way too much Netflix, drawing, video games, and sleeping. Feel free to talk to me about anything! My pronouns are he/him
- Lab 115L Tu 11-12:30 pm (Soda 273)
- Disc 115 Th 11-12:30 pm (Wheeler 202)
- Hi everyone! I'm an EECS major from San Jose, CA. Apart from teaching, I enjoy singing, photography, cool plants, re-watching movies, and trying new kinds of food. Looking forward to meeting you all! (she/her)
- Lab [NPE] 122L Tu 2-3:30 pm (Soda 275)
- Disc [NPE] 122 Th 2-3:30 pm (Cory 289)
- hiya i'm annie (pronouns: she/her/hers) and a 4th year cs major !! this is my LAST semester teaching 61a EVER & i'm excited to be YOUR gateway into the CS community @ cal one LAST time :') looking forward to ending my undergrad teaching career with a BANG ~*together*~ with all of y'all ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
- Lab [NPE] 144L Tu 2-3:30 pm (Soda 277)
- Disc [NPE] 144 Th 2-3:30 pm (Etcheverry 3105)
- Hello! My name is Audrey (she/her) and this is my 4th semester TA'ing for 61A! I'm really interested in game development and web development, and in the future I plan on working in the video games industry. Feel free to email me with any questions about the class, internships, or CS in general!
- Lab 113L Tu 9:30-11 am (Soda 275)
- Disc 113 Th 9:30-11 am (Moffitt Library 106)
- Senior / CS + DS / Torrance, CA. This semester, I'm looking to finally get my driver's license, catch all of the good fruit sales, and try all those restaurants I've been meaning to go to. If you want to join, let me know! (or we can also talk CS, that is also ok I guess)
- Lab 148L M 3:30-5 pm (Soda 273)
- Disc 148 W 3:30-5 pm (Soda 320)
- Hi! I'm Catherine, and I'm a third year CS major for San Diego! I like cats, board games, and calling lyfts up to Soda Hall after oversleeping (oops). I love teaching and I love CS61A, so I look forward to meeting you this semester! My pronouns are she/her.
Cesar Plascencia Zuniga
- Lab [CSS] 130L W 9:30-11 am (Soda 273)
- Disc [CSS] 130 F 9:30-11 am (Soda 320)
- Hello hello! My name is Cesar (pronouns: he/him/his) and I have 236 characters left to describe myself. Let’s see, my favorite anime is Spongebob and I’m a sucker for funky basslines. I also browse Reddit way too much. Talk to me about memes, music, movies, and/or 61A -- that one especially! ˁ(⦿ᴥ⦿)ˀ
- Hi! I am Chae, and I am a fourth year CS major from Carlsbad, CA! In my free time, I enjoy baking, cafe hopping, and drinking boba. My pronouns are she/her.
- Lab 151L M 5-6:30 pm (Soda 271)
- Disc 151 W 5-6:30 pm (Soda 310)
- Hi! I'm Charles, a second year CS major! I like video games, reading, music, and coding. Feel free to ask me stuff and I'll try to answer them. Excited for this semester!
- Lab 150L M 3:30-5 pm (Soda 277)
- Disc 150 Th 2-3:30 pm (Dwinelle 79)
- Did you ever hear the tragedy of John DeNero The Wise? I thought not. It's not a story the 61B TAs would tell you. It's a CS legend. DeNero was a Professor of the EECS Dept, so powerful and so wise he could use the Python interpreter to influence computers to create... Programs! (I prefer he/him)
119L Tu 12:30-2pm (Soda 275)
Disc 119 Th 12:30-2pm (Etcheverry 3113)
Lab 120L Tu 2-3:30 pm (Soda 271)
Disc 120 Th 2-3:30 pm (Etcheverry 3113)
- 4th year CS major. If you can beat my typing speed (126 WPM/566 CPM @ www.livechatinc.com/typing-speed-test) and send me a screenshot I will give you a cookie.
- Lab [NPE] 116L Tu 11-12:30 pm (Soda 275)
- Disc [NPE] 116 Th 11-12:30 pm (Etcheverry 3113)
- Hi all! I'm a senior from Los Angeles. I'm looking forward to sharing the wonders of Computer Science with you!
- Lab 152L M 5-6:30 pm (Soda 273)
- Disc 152 W 5-6:30 pm (Soda 320)
- Hey! My name is Jack (pronouns he/him/his) and this is my last semester at Cal. I've been on 61A staff for the last 2 years and I'm excited to teach again this semester. In my free time, I like hiking, photography, and spending time at the beach. Excited to meet you all soon!
- Lab [NPE] 147L M 3:30-5 pm (Soda 271)
- Disc [NPE] 147 W 3:30-5 pm (Soda 310)
- Hi, I'm Jade and I'm a junior studying CS + music! I was in a humanities program in high school and didn't get into CS until I took this class. This is my 4th semester on 61A staff, and I'm also the 61A CSM coordinator, so talk to me if you have any questions about getting help in 61A :) (she/her)
[NPE] 134L W 11-12:30 pm (Soda 275)
[NPE] 137 F 12:30-2 pm (Soda 405)
[CSS] 121L Tu 2-3:30 pm (Soda 273)
[CSS] 121 Th 2-3:30 pm (Wheeler 130)
- Hi everyone! I'm a senior majoring in computer science and applied math, and I'm so excited to be on CS 61A course staff for the fifth time! I love helping build growth mindsets and learning about new media and design. I hope you ask many questions and learn a lot throughout this course! (she/her)
- Lab 146L Tu 5-6:30 pm (Soda 277)
- Disc 146 Th 5-6:30 pm (Evans 9)
- Lab 145L Tu 3:30-5 pm (Soda 277)
- Disc 145 Th 3:30-5 pm (Dwinelle 79)
- Hello! I'm a 4th-year CS major and my pronouns are she/her. Along with good stories, I love poetry, sunshine, green tea, and cats. Let's have a great semester! :)
- Hi! I'm Kavi, a CS master's student interested in machine learning and programming languages. Outside of CS, I'm interested in scientific skepticism, science, and science fiction. "I refuse to be bound by an abstraction" -Most 61a quote I could get from Star Trek. [he || they]
- Lab [NPE] 149L M 3:30-5 pm (Soda 275)
- Disc [NPE] 149 W 3:30-5 pm (Soda 405)
- Lab 138L M 5-6:30 pm (Soda 275)
- Disc 138 W 5-6:30 pm (Hearst Field Annex B1)
- Hello! See if you can find a face that looks like mine on this page https://inst.eecs.berkeley.edu/~ee16a/sp20/#staff :) CS61a is my favorite class at Berkeley and I hope it becomes yours too. Feel free to ask me any questions! My pronouns are she/her.
- Lab 141L Tu 9:30-11 am (Soda 277)
- Disc 141 W 6:30 pm - 7:59 pm (Evans 9)
- ʕ￫ᴥ￩ʔ Hi! Let's learn computer science (she/her) @( o･ꎴ･)@
- Lab [NPE] 112L Tu 9:30-11 am (Soda 273)
- Disc [NPE] 112 Th 9:30-11 am (Wheeler 108)
- Hello! I'm Naomi and I'm a senior studying CS. I enjoy dancing, hiking, traveling, and music! I also like friends so please feel free to reach out to me about anything CS-related or not!
- Lab 128L Tu 5-6:30 pm (Soda 275)
- Disc 128 Th 5-6:30 pm (Wheeler 224)
- Hello, I'm Patricia. I'm a third-year EECS major from San Diego. I like video games, anime, drawing, and listening to music. My pronouns are she/her.
- Lab 125L Tu 3:30-5 pm (Soda 275)
- Disc 125 Th 3:30-5 pm (Evans 3)
- In Python, what do you think a = (,); a +=  should do? In Scheme, what do you think `(1 unquote 2) should do? Pronouns: he/him.
- Lab [NPE] 142L Tu 11-12:30 pm (Soda 277)
- Disc [NPE] 142 W 11-12:30 pm (Evans 3)
- Hi all, I'm Regina, a CS and Econ double major from the LA area. I love CS 61A and teaching it, and I hope we can all learn a lot this semester! My pronouns are she/her. Reach out to me if you have any questions regarding the course or just want to talk about CS, Berkeley, life, etc.
- Lab 143L Tu 12:30-2pm (Soda 277)
- Disc 143 Th 12:30-2pm (Wheeler 108)
- Hi! My name is Richard. I'm a second year student from Los Gatos, California. I’m a Computer Science/Data Science major also hoping to major in Business. I love skiing, cooking, and anything related to food. I’m excited to be teaching this semester!
- Lab [NPE] 124L Tu 3:30-5 pm (Soda 273)
- Disc [NPE] 124 Th 3:30-5 pm (Moffitt Library 106)
- Hey, I’m Ryan! I'm a 4th year Computer Science and Statistics double major and my pronouns are he/him. I also currently do theoretical neuroscience research at the Redwood Institute, feel free to reach out to me about anything!
- Lab 140L W 12:30-2pm (Soda 277)
- Disc 140 Th 5-6:30 pm (Evans 3)
- Hi all! I'm an second-year EECS/CogSci major from San Carlos, CA, with he/him pronouns. I love running, playing piano, and any sci-fi futuristic shows and movies (Black Mirror, BR2049). Looking forward to a great semester with all of you -- reach out anytime!
- Lab [NPE] 137L W 12:30-2pm (Soda 275)
- Disc [NPE] 134 F 11-12:30 pm (Soda 405)
- Hello! My name is Shayna, and I'm a third-year EECS major and Human Rights minor. Among other things, I love superheroes, science, and technology ethics; in my free time, you'll probably catch me perusing the aisles of Trader Joe's, listening to music, or sleeping. My pronouns are she/her.
- Lab 133L W 11-12:30 pm (Soda 273)
- Disc 133 F 11-12:30 pm (Soda 320)
- Lab [NPE] 118L Tu 12:30-2pm (Soda 273)
- Disc [NPE] 118 Th 12:30-2pm (Etcheverry 3109)
- "when nothing goes right, go left" :^)
114L Tu 11-12:30 pm (Soda 271)
Disc 114 Th 11-12:30 pm (Etcheverry 3105)
Lab 117L Tu 12:30-2pm (Soda 271)
Disc 117 Th 12:30-2pm (Etcheverry 3111)
- she/her. I’m a senior studying computer science, and this will be my 6th semester TAing 61A! I’m so excited for this upcoming semester and hope you are too! :”)