We are very excited to teach you this spring! Please contact course staff if you have any logistical questions or concerns. Otherwise feel free to email any of the staff members below.
Teaching Assistants (TAs), also known as Graduate/Undergraduate Student Instructors (GSIs), focus their teaching efforts on a particular component of the course, such as sections, exam prep, or walkthrough videos. Head TAs additionally manage a broader component of the course, such as logistics, content, software, office hours, etc.
Some Head TAs have access to sensitive information, and so are listed first. A TA with the "cs61a@" tag has access to the firstname.lastname@example.org inbox, and so will see (and likely respond to) anything that goes through that email. A TA with the "DSP" tag has access to DSP information, and so will see anything related to accommodations. TAs with access to both are the people you are most likely to be in contact with if you have a logistical need.
- Hey there! I'm a senior studying linguistics and computer science. Outside of 61A I also do lots of tech theater, sewing and crafting, watching RuPaul's Drag Race, and hanging out with my cat. Feel free to bug me about anything!
- hiya! i'm a junior majoring in cs & data science. this is my sixth semester on staff, and i'm just as excited for this one as i was for my first :) when i'm not teaching or studying, i'm probably starting yet another project to learn something new. if you see me around campus (or elsewhere), say hi!
- Hi! I'm a fourth-year CS + Econ major from Sacramento, CA. Recently, I've been enjoying watching reality tv, kickboxing, and trying new foods! Looking forward to meeting all of you this semester!
- Name: Tim/Tu Pronouns: Him/Who Worst Text Editor/Framework: Vim/Vue Favorite Slime: Rim/Uru Who's Excited For 61A: Yes, I'm/Yes, you
- My hobbies include listening to power metal, playing board games, and repairing antique typewriters. I love answering questions about those nearly as much as I love answering your cs61a questions!
- Hey, I'm Azad! I'm a 3rd year PhD student in CS working in Reinforcement Learning. Outside academia, I like traveling, listening to music, watching movies and tv series, and improvisational theater. Super excited to introduce you all to the amazing world of computer science!
- Hey I'm Charlotte! I'm a second year from Qatar majoring in computer science and minoring in politics, philosophy, & law. I love travelling, soccer, and melodic rap. I'm so excited to teach this semester :)
- Hi, I'm Connie! I'm a junior studying EECS from Thousand Oaks, California! This is my fourth semester on staff, and when I'm not attempting to cs, you can find me running, trying new recipes, or attempting to crochet! Feel free to ask me anything and really looking forward to cs-ing with y'all :)
- Howdy-doo! I'm a third-year CS major born and raised in the Bay Area. I love cats and also forcing everyone in my vicinity to discuss inane topics such as whether or not cereal is a soup and whether or not the water in my hometown is making people short.
- Hi! I'm Grace, a third year CS major from Union City, CA. I enjoy taking naps, binging dramas and listening to music as an escape from reality. I'm super excited to be teaching 61A this semester and I hope you all will have an amazing experience!
- With questions abound,
And ideas roaming around,
- Hey! I'm Jordan, and I'm a sophomore from the Bay Area. In addition to teaching, I like to bullet journal, listen to records, bake, and watch Netflix. I'm super excited to be TA-ing for CS61A again this semester! Feel free to reach out to me anytime for anything :)
- Hi everyone! I'm Marie, a junior from Los Angeles, California. I'm a Computer Science and Cognitive Science double major, and this is my fifth semester on CS 61A course staff. I love baking, playing video games, sewing, and watching baseball (go Dodgers!).
- Hello! I'm Mathilde! and I'm a senior studying EECS. I'm from Albany, California and in my free time, I love to read, swim, bake, and go on road trips around California. I love 61a and I'm thrilled to be teaching it this spring!
- Hi! I'm a junior studying CS and CogSci. When I'm not working, I'm probably watching asian dramas and bad reality TV (Singles Inferno), snacking, gaming, or listening to music. Feel free to reach out to me about anything, I'm so excited to meet you all :3
- Ahoy-ahoy! I’m a PhD student in CS here at Berkeley, and my research is in the field of Human Computer Interaction: I like to think about how to design interesting, useful, and compelling user interfaces. Before grad school, I worked on robots at Qualcomm. I also love hiking, gardening, and reading!
- Hello! I'm a sophomore studying EECS from Maryland! It's my third time TAing, and outside of 61A you can usually find me swimming/frisbee-ing, playing League, or jamming to IU. Looking forward to an awesome semester, hope you are too :^) woohoo
- Hi! My name is Richard. I'm a fourth year student from Los Gatos, California. I’m a Computer Science/Data Science major and this is my 9th semester on staff! I love skiing, cooking, and anything related to food. Super excited to meet y'all! Feel free to reach out with questions about anything!
- Hi! I'm Ruslana, and I'm a junior studying Computer Science. In my free time, I love to knit and crochet, watch fun movies, and do puzzles. I also dance on campus with Thrive Dance Company. I'm super excited to hang out with you all this semester. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions!
- Hey! My name is Shaun and I am a third year Computer Science major from Southern California. One of my main hobbies is researching credit cards so I can earn as much free travel as possible. You can reach out and ask me questions literally anytime.