The idea of advising OH is to give you a place to seek advice for things ranging from success in 61A to involvement in various activities at UC Berkeley and beyond. Some examples of questions you're welcome to discuss include: how to do well in 61A, in CS, at UC Berkeley, in life; how to get involved in teaching, research, clubs, side projects; how to maximize your college experience; etc.
These appointments are for advising questions only. If you book an appointment for a content-related question (questions about particular assignments, conceptual questions, or help debugging, for example), your appointment is likely to be dropped.
You can book an appointment with any of the following TAs, based on availability and what you'd like to discuss (click on the "book appointment" link to visit each TA's appointment page).
In your appointment, please specify what you would like to discuss, so that we can be prepared to help you in the best way possible :)
Laryn (CS, Music)
yo talk to me about classes, double majoring, music, teaching @ cal, clubs, internships, general college advice, or of course succeeding in 61a :)
- EE/CS Lower Division: CS 61A (DeNero), CS 61B (Hilfinger), CS 61C (Garcia/Nikolic), CS 70 (Rao), EECS 16A (Ranade/Boser), EECS 16B (Arcak/Sanders)
- EE/CS Upper Div: CS 161 (Weaver), CS 162 (Stoica), CS 164 (Chasins), CS 170 (Nelson), CS 172 (Tal), EE 120 (Ayazifar), EECS 126 (Ramchandran)
- EE/CS Grad/Pedagogy: CS 302 (Fox/Ball), CS 375 (Huang)
- Data Science: DATA 100 (Gonzalez/Bray)
- Other Relevant Classes: MUSIC 158A (Kulpa), MUSIC 159 (Cella)
Charlotte (CS, PPL Minor)
Background: I had always wanted to study politics, so I entered Berkeley not knowing how to even name a programming language or do calculus. I had to drop 61A after failing the first midterm, but I took it again the next semester and did well!
I’d love to chat about anything, including 61A, recruiting & internships (Sony/PlayStation, Salesforce/Slack), navigating as an international student (Qatar), Greek life (Delta Gamma), and research.
- EE/CS Lower Division: CS 10 (Garcia), CS 61A (Hilfinger), CS 61B (Hilfinger), CS 61C (Weaver), CS 70 (Rao/Sen), EECS 16A (Waller)
- EE/CS Upper Division: CS 194, CS 162, CS 170
- EE/CS Grad/Pedagogy: CS 375 (Fox)
- Other Relevant Classes: LING 100 (Johnson), PHILOS 12A (Warren), LEGALST 123 (Marshall), PHILOS 128 (Dasgupta)
Hi everyone! My name is Hima, and I’m a rising second-year majoring in EECS. I took CS61A in my freshman fall semester and am super excited to be tutoring this semester. Feel free to email me if you have any questions or want to chat about anything CS-related. Looking forward to meeting you all!!
- EE/CS Lower Division: CS 61A (DeNero/Fox), CS 61B (Hilfinger), EECS 16A (Arias/Lustig), EECS 16B (Stojanovic/Arcak), CS 70 (Rao/Ayazifar)
- Other Relevant Courses: Math 53 (Canic), Stat 20 (Bray)
Michelle (CS, CogSci)
Feel free to sign up if you want to chat about: tips for 61a (I took the course without any prior coding experience), double majoring (CS/CogSci or general guidance), teaching opportunities/clubs on campus, recruiting/internships (Paypal, Amazon), or anything else you’re interested in :3
- EE/CS Lower Division: CS 61A (DeNero), CS 61B (Hilfinger), CS 61C (Garcia/Nikolic), CS 70 (Summer 2020), EECS 16A (Courtade/Dutta), EECS 16B (Sahai/Stojanovic)
- EE/CS Upper Division: CS 170 (Vazirani/Tal), CS 186 (Cheung/Jain), CS 188 (Russell), CS 161 (Weaver)
- EE/CS Grad/Pedagogy: CS 375 (Fox)
- CogSci: DATA 8 (Summer 2020), DATA 100 (Joseph/Perez), COGSCI 1 (Isaac), MCB C61 (Presti), LING 100 (Hilton), LING C146 (Srinivasan), RHETOR 103B (Wintroub), PHILOS 12A (Warren)
Pragya (intended CS and philosophy)
I’m happy to chat about anything! Some possibilities: preparing for 61A exams, picking classes, philosophy, teaching, women in STEM, civic tech, research, etc.
- EE/CS Lower Division: CS 61A (DeNero/Fox), CS 61B (Hilfinger), EECS 16A (Arias/Lustig), EECS 16B (Stojanovic/Arcak)
- Other Relevant Classes: PHILOS 25A (Clarke), PHILOS 25B (Primus)