The idea of advising OH is to give you a place to seek advice for things ranging from success in 61A to involvement in various activities at UC Berkeley and beyond. Some examples of questions you're welcome to discuss include: how to do well in 61A, in CS, at UC Berkeley, in life; how to get involved in teaching, research, clubs, side projects; how to maximize your college experience; etc.
These appointments are for advising questions only. If you book an appointment for a content-related question (questions about particular assignments, conceptual questions, or help debugging, for example), your appointment is likely to be dropped.
You can book an appointment with any of the following TAs, based on availability and what you'd like to discuss (click on the "book appointment" link to visit each TA's appointment page).
In your appointment, please specify what you would like to discuss, so that we can be prepared to help you in the best way possible :)
Laryn (CS, Music)
hi! talk to me about classes, double majoring, music, teaching @ cal, clubs, internships, grad school, general college advice, or of course succeeding in 61a :)
- EE/CS Lower Division: CS 61A (DeNero), CS 61B (Hilfinger), CS 61C (Garcia/Nikolic), CS 70 (Rao), EECS 16A (Ranade/Boser), EECS 16B (Arcak/Sanders)
- EE/CS Upper Div: CS 161 (Weaver), CS 162 (Stoica), CS 164 (Chasins), CS 170 (Nelson), CS 172 (Tal), CS 174 (Sinclair), CS 189 (Shewchuck), EE 120 (Ayazifar), EECS 126 (Ramchandran)
- EE/CS Grad/Pedagogy: CS 270 (Nelson), CS 302 (Fox/Ball), CS 375 (Huang)
- Data Science: DATA 100 (Gonzalez/Bray)
- Other Relevant Classes: MUSIC 158A (Kulpa), MUSIC 159 (Cella)
Pragya (CS and philosophy)
I’m happy to chat about anything! Some possibilities: preparing for 61A exams, picking classes, philosophy, teaching, women in STEM, civic tech, research, etc.
- EE/CS Lower Division: CS 61A (DeNero/Fox), CS 61B (Hilfinger), EECS 16A (Arias/Lustig), EECS 16B (Stojanovic/Arcak)
- Other Relevant Classes: PHILOS 25A (Clarke), PHILOS 25B (Primus)
Jordan (CS, CogSci)
happy to chat about studying for 61A, teaching, DSP process, double majoring, CS at berkeley, linguistics research, CogSci at berkeley, and the many, many mistakes I have made in getting to where I am today :))
- EE/CS Lower Division: CS 61A (DeNero/Farid), CS 61B (Hug), CS 61C (Weaver), CS 70 (Rao/Babak), EECS 16A (Ranade), EECS 16B (Ranade/Stojanovic)
- EE/CS Upper Div: CS 161 (Weaver), CS 162 (Kubiatowicz)
- EE/CS Grad/Pedagogy: CS 302 (Ball/Weaver), CS 375 (Huang)
- CogSci: DATA 8 (Adhikari/Wagner), DATA 100 (Hug/Yan), LING 100 (Johnson), LING 110 (Pfiffner), COGSCI 1 (Isaac), MCB W61 (Presti), ISF 100D (Bhandari)