We are very excited to teach you this spring! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any logistical questions or concerns. Otherwise feel free to email any of the staff members below.
Course tutors are CSM mentors who, in addition to teaching 3 - 5 student sections every week, help with other aspects of the course such as office hours and grading.
- Hey everyone! My name is Abhinav and I'm a second-year EECS + Business student from Houston. I'm a huge basketball fan (KD’s #1 fan), love playing the clarinet, and know where to get the best mango lassi in Berkeley. If you ever see me on campus, feel free to say hi!
- Hey all. I'd love to help you be successful as you dive into computer science. This course was a lot of hard work for me when I took it, but extremely rewarding. I now enjoy the privilege of assisting other students in the course. Outside of school I rock climb, which is cool.
- Hello! I'm Addison, and I'm a CS major from San Jose. Besides teaching, I love listening to music and singing along (poorly).
- Hi! My name is Aini and I'm a fourth-year physics/CS major from Orange County, CA. Some fun facts about me: I love cats, nap way too much, have a really low tolerance for spicy food, and suck at multitasking. I love CS 61A and I am excited to teach it again. Really look forward to meeting you!
- I'm a third year CompSci/CogSci double and Music minor from Livermore. I enjoy learning various instruments and making music. I play cymbals in Cal Band, am a part of gamelan, and dance with AFX. I thoroughly enjoy learning and talking about psychology! My pronouns are he, him, his.
- Hi! I'm Allison, and I'm a third-year CS major from the Bay Area. In my free time I like to read and be with friends and family. My current favorite food is Thai pumpkin curry. I look forward to meeting you! :)
- I’m a fourth year CS and History double major. I came to Berkeley as a history major, but then 61A happened. I'm also part of ReUSE, a volunteer-run club/store in MLK. You can also find me in Soda and Cory a bit too often. (she/her)
- Hi! My name is Asli (she/her) and I will be one of the tutors this summer. I am an international student double majoring in computer science and economics. I like learning new languages, watching basketball, trying new food places, discovering new music and playing chess. 61A is the best yey!
Beom Jin Lee
- Hi everyone! I am Brian, a sophomore CS major. I tend to drink an unhealthy amount of Snapple and Coke Zero, so if you catch me drinking them, poke me to remind me that my body will be really sad in a few years if I continue. I look forward to a great semester! My pronouns are he/him.
- Hey! My name is Boren and I'm a second-year CS major. I'm a drinker of black coffee, proud owner of a corgi, and an enthusiast of all things outdoors...y. Looking forward to meeting y'all this semester!
- Hello everyone! My name is Bridget, and I'm a second year studying CS and bio. I'm so thrilled to be a CS61A tutor this semester because I'd loved the class! :) My pronouns are she/her.
- Hi friends! I'm a second year CS and Applied Math major at Berkeley. I enjoy playing the guitar and singing, and I'm also a big fan of sports. Looking forward to a great semester of 61a!
- Hi friends, I'm Christopher! I'm a fourth-year Political Science major from New York City ("the greatest city in the world"). I'm a sports fanatic (NFL/NBA/NCAA). I love saying hi to people so please do. I'm pretty down to talk about anything, though you'll find that I rarely talk politics.
- Hi! I am a second year studying computer science and data science. In my free time, I enjoy cooking and experimenting with different ingredients. I also play the viola and was part of UCBSO. I am very excited for this semester!
- Hi, I'm Evan! I'm a third-year EECS major from San Jose and this will be my first time tutoring 61a. I love this class and I hope you will too! (he/him)
- Hello! My name is Evan and I'm from Southern California. Besides solving tricky python questions, I like to skateboard, listen to music, and try to figure out how there are so many Boba places on Telegraph.
- Hey everyone! My name is Frank Liu, and I am a first year student from San Mateo, CA studying CS and MCB. I love to travel, play piano, work out at the RSF, and take photos on journeys. Feel free to email me about anything; I promise I'm a very approachable guy. My pronouns are he/him.
- Hiya, I'm a second year CS major from SoCal. My free time mainly consists of playing video games, drawing, eating sweet foods, and listening to music. I'm excited for the new semester and hope you are too! My pronouns are she/her.
- Hey! My name is Jack and I am a third year EECS major. My pronouns are he/him/his. I'm excited to be a 61A tutor this semester! Outside of classes, I enjoy hiking, listening to music, finding new food in Berkeley, and watching movies. Always looking for music recs!
- Hi everyone! I'm a current sophomore studying CS and hoping to minor in IEOR. I'm from Fremont, CA and lived in Union City before that. I'm a DC fan (although I do like Spider-Man). I like ice-skating, baking, and photographing pretty things. Very excited to be teaching you this semester! She/her.
- Hi, I'm Jade, a sophomore studying CS/music. I'm an East Coaster, so come talk to me if you're from the East Coast and you miss it, or you think that Californians use weird words for stuff. Check out my website, there are summaries and problems for every topic in the course. (She/her pronouns)
- Hi! I’m Jemmy, a second-year CS major from the Bay Area. I took CS 61A in Fall 2017 and really enjoyed the course. I hope to share my passion in CS and help you along the journey. In my spare time, I love to travel and take pictures, but also enjoy an occasional Netflix binge.
- Hi there! I'm Jessica, and I'm a junior EECS major from San Mateo, CA. In my free time, I like to eat new foods, listen to music, and try and fail to keep my succulents alive. My pronouns are she/her.
- I am a second year computer science major from Edison, NJ. I play violin and video games.
- Hello everyone! I'm a second year CS and Business major from Dallas, Texas. I really enjoy all sorts of exercise, which is a bit of a problem because it's kinda hard for me to motivate myself to walk all the way to the RSF. I may one day attain the drive I need to work out on a daily basis.
- Hello there! I’m Kevin and I’m a second year from the Bay Area. My favorite pastimes are hanging out with my doggo and solving tricky Scheme problems. My pronouns are he/him.
- Hello! I'm a second-year CS major from Fremont, CA. I enjoy trying new food places, asmr, and lemon oreo thins. My pronouns are she/her. Looking forward to a great semester!
- Hi! I'm Nikhita, and I am a sophomore intending to major in CS, from San Ramon, CA. 61A is one of my favorite classes and I hope that you enjoy it as well! My pronouns are she/her.
- Hello! I'm Olivia, a second year CS major from San Diego. In my free time, I enjoy yoga, binging episodes of The Office, drinking lots of tea, and knitting. I'm looking forward to a great semester with you all!
- Hi everyone, my name is Patrick and I'm a fourth year CS/Cog Sci double major. In my spare time, you can find me watching random car videos or Netflix while eating. Feel free to e-mail me with any questions!
- Hi! I'm Rachel and I'm a second-year cs + spanish major. In my free time, you can probably find me watching NCAA gymnastics meets, cooking moderately decent food, listening to podcasts, or looking at cat pictures. Really excited to be working with you all this semester! My pronouns are she/her.
- Hi! My name is Richard. I'm a first year student from Los Gatos, California. I'm hoping to major in CS and Business. I love skiing, cooking, and anything related to food. This is my first semester as a tutor for 61a, and I'm excited to teach it this semester.
- Hi all! I'm a second year studying CS and Political Science from DC. When not in class, you might find me at Imm Thai, the Glade, or ballin' at the RSF. Feel free to talk to me about 61A, Politics, the future of humanity or anything at all! (He/him)
- Hello! My name is Shayna, and I'm a second-year EECS major and Human Rights minor. Among other things, I love superheroes, science, and technology ethics; in my free time, you'll probably catch me perusing the aisles of Trader Joe's, listening to music, or sleeping. My pronouns are she/her.
- Hello! I'm Shide, a second year studying Math and CS, and I wave a lot! Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions, just wanted to talk, or were wondering how my name is pronounced; I love getting emails and making new friends! My pronouns are she/her.
- Hi! I’m Uma, a second-year CS major from the Bay Area. I like rubik’s cubes, mac n cheese, and the Oxford comma. Looking forward to working with you all! (my pronouns are she/her)
- In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion
- Hi! I'm a junior transfer EECS major and helping others with demanding subjects is a passion of mine! If you're like me and love to talk about what you're learning go ahead and talk to me! I love hearing and talking about all the amazing things that people learn at Berkeley!
- Hey everyone! My name is Star, and I'm a second year CS/probably Stats/probably Japanese Language student. I love making Tik-Tok (Douyin) videos and playing robotics. Don't forget to ask me what happened in both of the robotics competitions I was in!